- This event has passed.
Counselling Your Clients Through Succession Planning
June 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$250
Canadian entrepreneurs are in the midst of an unprecedented transition: over the next decade, more than 72% of the country’s 1.1 million business owners plan to exit their business. In the process, they will transfer more than $1.5 trillion in business assets to a new generation of small business owners. At the same time, less than half of these businesses have any kind of succession plan (and only about 1 in 10 has a formal written plan).
These statistics suggest that many of Canada’s small businesses are on a collision course with crisis, disappointment, and loss of wealth. They also foretell of a Canadian economy that isn’t reaching its potential.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. In ‘Counselling Your Clients through Succession Planning’, we’ll examine the role that business counsellors can play in helping their clients navigate this process.
Join us for this 3-hour workshop where you’ll discover:
- The reasons entrepreneurs neglect to plan for succession, and strategies you can use to help your clients overcome them.
- How to help your client determine if she/he is ready to begin the succession planning process.
- ‘Just-Right-Sized’ planning tools to make it easy for your clients to digest the steps of succession planning.
- The essential players and technical experts to enlist as part of your client’s succession planning team.
- The 9 basic succession planning paths your client can choose from.
- How to help your client ‘package’ their business in a turnkey manual, making it more attractive to would-be successors.
Register today for this small and interactive online course. By strengthening your succession planning counselling skills, you can help guide your clients to a smooth, profitable transition.
Cost: $250.00 per participant, $225.00 for each additional participant from the same organization
Duration: 3 hours, plus a one-hour self-directed assignment to receive a certificate of completion