Objectives of the Rural Innovation Centre:
- To develop a unique and collaborative environment that will build capacity and enable the growth and success of companies focused in the following areas: (1) tidal energy, (2) agriculture/agri-food, and (3) ICT
- To develop a facility that will have a direct impact on the economic development of our region. This will be achieved by: stimulating the growth of new business start-ups and entrepreneurship; attracting new businesses; positioning Acadia University and this region as a leader in these three sectors.
- To create new, high-value job opportunities for our region
- To develop a commercialization environment for Acadia faculty, staff, and students interested in commercializing intellectual property developed at the University
- To develop a commercialization environment that will support local businesses by providing business services, education, mentoring, and improved access to investment opportunities.